Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Jersey Count- August

So last year was my first year of college, and I noticed a ton of people wearing jerseys for various teams. Sometimes it would be the same people over and over again, I think, but it was still fascinating to me to see so many people wearing jerseys since the only people who wore them at my high school were me and this Italian-American kid who cycled through 3 or 4 different jerseys. It's even more exciting when I saw someone wearing a jersey from a team that wouldn't be considered a big club in the US (i.e. I saw a guy wearing a Marseille jersey going to lunch one day and got far more excited than I should have).

So two weeks ago, I started my second year, and in my first class I noticed a guy in the front row wearing a David Villa Valencia jersey. And that was when I had my brilliant idea.

I've been keeping a list of every jersey I see people wearing so I can see which teams are the most popular and/or just keep track of all the cool jerseys I see. I always have my I-touch with me so I just started a note on there and update it every time I see someone in a jersey. If I notice it has a name on the back, I write that down as well so I can see which players are more popular on their teams. I'm posting this here just a way for me to keep up with my count on a monthly basis, in case anyone else out there thinks this is as cool as I think it is.

Valencia 1 (David Villa 1)
Real Madrid 1
Chelsea 2
AC Milan 2 (Gatusso 1)
England 5 (Rooney 3)
Liverpool 3 (Torres 2, Gerrard 1)
USA 3 (Bradley 1) (all me)
Galatasaray
Netherlands 2 (Van der Vaart 1)
Marseille 1
Argentina 1 (Messi 1)
Brazil 1
Aston Villa 1 (Laursen 1)
Japan 1 (Nakamura 1)
Inter Milan 1
Barcelona 1
Arsenal 1 (Nasri 1)
Manchester United 1

No comments:

Post a Comment