Wednesday, September 16, 2009

a confession...

Dear soccer,

I know we haven't been seeing a lot of each other lately. I mean, I know you've been busy on international break, and I've had my schoolwork and a couple of Georgia Tech football games to keep me busy, but I think it's time we had a talk.

You see, soccer, I have a confession to make. I don't know how you're going to take this, but...I've been cheating on you. With tennis. It's sorta been going on for a while now, too. It started last summer, just for a little while...but then this summer, it came back and I just couldn't say no. Paris, London, New York...it was just so glamorous that I couldn't resist. And it wasn't just me. Over the summer, I had my sister, then when I left for college I had my roommate. And it was always on, for 12 hours at a time, and I just couldn't help myself. But I think it's over for now. At least for a while, you'll be my one and only love again, with the exception of my Yellow Jackets, until I get swept off my feet again to Australia. But I'll always come back to you, my one true love.

So soccer, I really hope you can forgive me. What we have is special, and we've had it for so long and been through so much together. I mean, sure, with tennis it always started out with love, but it almost never ended with it. With you, it'll always be love. And I know you've got a lot planned for us in the next few weeks, with Champions League and Europa League and then league play, then more Champions League...then another international break. I promise, soccer, I won't keep breaking our dates this time. I'll be there for you during international break, through thick and thin, for better or for worse, till death do us part. Please forgive me.

Love,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment